Dedicated access via Equinix Cloud Exchange provides customers with high-performance connectivity to SAP’s suite of cloud services
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — August 8, 2017 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it is offering direct and private access to the SAP® Cloud portfolio, including SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform, in multiple markets across the globe. Dedicated, private connections are available via Equinix Cloud Exchange™ and the SAP Cloud Peering service in the Equinix Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, New York, Silicon Valley, Sydney, Toronto and Washington, D.C. International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers, with additional markets planned for later this year. Through this connectivity, enterprise customers benefit from high-performance and secure access to SAP cloud services as part of a hybrid or multi-cloud strategy.
As cloud adoption continues to rise, so does the growth of multi-cloud deployments. In fact, according to the recent IDC CloudView survey, 85% of respondents are either currently using a multi-cloud strategy or plan to do so in the near-term.* Equinix Cloud Exchange, with direct access to multiple cloud services and platforms, such as the SAP Cloud portfolio, helps enterprise customers to expedite the development of hybrid and multi-cloud solutions across multiple locations, with the goal of gaining global scale, performance and security.
Highlights / Key Facts
- SAP Cloud Peering provides direct access inside the Equinix Cloud Exchange to help customers looking to reap the benefits of the SAP Cloud portfolio, with the control and predictability of a dedicated connection. Initially, access will be available for SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud and SAP Cloud Platform, which serve as SAP’s IaaS and PaaS solutions respectively. SAP and Equinix plan to make available SAP SuccessFactors®, SAP Hybris®, SAP Ariba® solutions and others in the near future.
- SAP continues to gain traction in enterprise cloud adoption, with particular strength in APAC and EMEA. According to a recent 451 Research** note, SAP’s APAC cloud subscription and support revenue grew by 54 percent, while it rose by 35 percent in EMEA and by 27percent in the Americas. Access to these cloud-based services in Equinix’s global footprint of data centers will help drive adoption and reach of SAP cloud offerings.
- Equinix offers the industry’s broadest choice in cloud service providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, Google Cloud Platform, and other leading cloud providers such as SAP. Equinix offers direct connections to many of these platforms via Equinix Cloud Exchange or Equinix Cross Connects. Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that provides virtualized, private direct connections that bypass the Internet to provide better security and performance with a range of bandwidth options. It is currently available in 23 markets, globally.
Christoph Boehm, senior vice president and head of Cloud Delivery Services, SAP said: “SAP joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange platform to address customer requirements for enterprise hybrid architecture in an environment that lends itself to the very highest levels of performance and reliability. With SAP’s traditional base of more than 300,000 software customers seeking ways to take the next step in a cloud-enabled world, SAP has established efficient capabilities to deliver on those requirements.”
Charles Meyers, president of strategy, services and innovation, Equinix:
“Equinix recognizes that enterprise cloud needs vary, and by aligning a company’s business requirements to the best cloud services, they can create a more agile, flexible and scalable IT infrastructure. With more than 130 million cloud subscribers, SAP has a strong foothold in the enterprise market, and by providing these customers and more with dedicated connectivity to their SAP software environments simply, securely and cost-effectively from Equinix Cloud Exchange, we help customers connect and build a hybrid cloud solution that works for them.”
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Availability Map [graphic]
- More about Equinix Cloud Exchange [website]
Equinix, Inc. connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 44 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies.
*Source: IDC CloudView Survey, April 2017. N=6084 worldwide respondents, weighted by country, industry and company size.
**Source: 451 Research, “SAP hits Q4 and FY2016 targets as cloud subscription/support revenue jumps 31%,” February 1, 2017