Join thousands of expected attendees at one of the industry’s premier enterprise open source technology events for a week of innovation, education and collaboration
APRIL 17, 2018 – Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the agenda and keynote speakers for Red Hat Summit 2018, one of the industry’s premier enterprise open source technology conferences. The 14th annual Red Hat Summit is expected to welcome thousands of attendees from around the world to the Moscone Center in San Francisco, May 8-10. Event details and registration are live at https://www.redhat.com/en/summit/2018.
With thousands of attendees and more than 300 business and technical sessions and labs, Red Hat Summit has become a leading technology event to experience the latest in open source innovations that are helping to drive the future of enterprise technology – from hybrid cloud infrastructure, containers, and cloud-native app platforms to management, automation, and more. At Red Hat Summit, customers, partners, and technology industry leaders from around the world come together for a high-energy week of innovation, education and collaboration.
For the past 13 years, Red Hat Summit has delivered inspirational, educational and actionable content, industry-shaping news, and innovative practices from customers and partners from around the world and across industries. With Red Hat celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2018, the company is preparing for its largest Red Hat Summit to date. Event highlights are expected to include:
● Visionary technology industry keynotes: Attendees will hear keynotes on the future of enterprise technology from several noted industry leaders. Attendees will hear keynotes from Red Hat’s Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO; Paul Cormier, president of Products and Technologies; Matt Hicks, senior vice president, Engineering; and Chris Wright, vice president and chief technology officer. Additional industry keynotes will be delivered by:
– Dell EMC: Mike Arterbury, vice president of Global Alliances;
– Google: Cassie Kozyrkov, chief decision scientist;
– HPE: Parvesh Sethi, senior vice president and general manager for Global Client Services, HPE Pointnext;
– IBM: Arvind Krishna, senior vice president of Hybrid Cloud, and director of IBM Research;
– Intel: Doug Fisher, senior vice president and general manager of the Software and Services Group;
– Lenovo: Kim Stevenson, senior vice president and general manager of Data Center Group Solution Segments;
– Microsoft: Scott Guthrie, executive vice president of Microsoft Cloud and Enterprise Group
● Inspirational customer keynotes: Customers from across industries are using open source to modernize infrastructure and applications and deliver exciting innovations. At Red Hat Summit 2018, attendees will hear keynotes from Red Hat customers including:
– Amadeus: Dietmar Fauser, vice president of Core Platforms and Middleware;
– BBVA: José María Ruesta, global head of Infrastructure, Service and Open Systems;
– British Army: Lt. Col. Dorian Seabrook, head of operations, Information Application Services, and Col. Mark Cornell, assistant head, Information Application Services;
– Cathay Pacific Airways: Kerry Peirse, general manager of Infrastructure and Operations;
– Citigroup Inc.: Motti Finkelstein, chief technology officer, Global Strategy and Planning and the Americas;
– Dirección Nacional de Migraciones de la República Argentina: Osmar Alza, director of Immigration Information;
– Hilton: Furqan Huda, senior director of Enterprise DevOps;
– IAG: Dave Abrahams, executive general manager of Data;
– Lufthansa Technik: Tobias Mohr, head of Technology and Infrastructure, AVIATAR;
– Nike: Mike Wittig, vice president of Infrastructure Engineering;
– UNICEF Innovation: Erica Kochi, co-founder of UNICEF Innovation, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF);
– UPS: Nick Costides, vice president of Information Technology
● More than 300 breakout sessions and labs covering many of enterprise tech’s hottest topics: Sessions will be presented by experts from Red Hat, customers, partners, and community contributors, offering attendees an opportunity to dive into the latest product innovations and hear leading practices from across multiple industries. Red Hat Summit 2018 sessions are tailored to different roles and levels of expertise and will cover a wide range of topics, including: containers; IT automation; hybrid cloud infrastructure; security; app development; diversity and culture; and more.
● Celebrate Red Hat’s 25th anniversary with Weezer: Grammy Award-winning band Weezer will be performing at this year’s Red Hat Summit party. Join us for a night of food, drinks, and music at the San Francisco Armory. A full-conference pass or guest pass is required for entry.
● Open Source Stories Live: With Open Source Stories, Red Hat brings you makers, artists, coders and leaders who dare to build things out in the open for all to see and build upon. Our 2018 speakers underscore that open source’s future is in good hands. During Open Source Stories Live at Red Hat Summit, attendees will hear from: Femi Owolade-Coombes, a 12-year-old hacker, social entrepreneur and young coder events organizer, who develops and runs open source robotics and coding workshops for other kids in London; Sara Chipps, the co-founder of GirlDevelopIt! and CTO of JewelBots, who is making the transition from open software developer to open hardware entrepreneur; and Saron Yitbarek, the host of Command Line Heroes, who will speak about her journey from coding newbie to #CodeNewbie founder.
● 9th annual Red Hat Women’s Leadership Community Luncheon: The Women’s Leadership Community Luncheon is an opportunity for Red Hat associates, customers, partners, and open source contributors to celebrate the contributions that women make in IT, network with one another, and learn. All are welcome.
● Expansive Ecosystem Expo: The Red Hat Summit Ecosystem Expo is expected to include more than 120 Red Hat partners and technology industry leaders showcasing some of the best in enterprise technology, and giving attendees a chance to connect directly with strategic technology partners.
● Power Training opportunities: Attendees looking for in-depth training on-site at Red Hat Summit can add Power Training to their registration. These two-day, interactive courses provide accelerated training with expert instructors at a special rate. Attendees taking advantage of Power Training will receive access to Red Hat Training and Certification curriculum advisors; a Power Training cocktail hour and reception with Red Hat technical leaders; and a 30-day Red Hat Learning Subscription.
Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies at Red Hat said: “Open source is at the heart of modern technology, delivering innovations that are enabling the transformations that organizations are striving to achieve. Red Hat embraces our role as an industry leader that is bringing these advancements into the enterprise and enabling customer success in the hybrid cloud. Red Hat Summit has become the global stage where Red Hat shares our vision for the future of enterprise tech, how Red Hat customers are driving innovation and transforming their companies with open source, and our latest innovations in hybrid cloud infrastructure, cloud-native app platforms, and more.”
● Learn more about Red Hat Summit
● Follow @RedHatSummit or via the hashtag #RHSummit on Twitter
● Become a fan of Red Hat Summit on Facebook
Connect with Red Hat
● Learn more about Red Hat
● Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
● Read the Red Hat blog
● Follow Red Hat on Twitter
● Join Red Hat on Facebook
● Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
● Join Red Hat on Google+
● Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.